--On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 02:23:29 -0700 RJ45 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello I installed 6.0-RELEASE on Alpha.
But I cannot find the Xorg packages to be installed on the system,
I did a network install.
Now I need Xorg for many reasons and if I Try to install it from the
ports collection it won't compile because the systems does not have the
/usr/X11R6/include/X11 needed stuff.
How I can install Xorg ?
Where can I find a pre-packaged one ?
I just would need the include files so I Can compile ghostrscript for
example.
thanks

cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl/ (for example)
make install clean

If it has Xorg dependencies, it will install them.

If you want Xorg installed, choose your window manager and install that. Xorg will be installed as well.

For example:

cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4/
make install clean

Or if you want gnome,
cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2/
make install clean

All the standard gnome stuff will be installed and everything you need from xorg will be installed as well.

Ports are your friend.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas