Over the past few months I have noticed that our mail server is flat out locking up. I monitor it via Nagios and about once every two months I get emails saying it is down and when I go over to the console the server is totally unresponsive. I've gone through logs every time and find nothing at all wrong. This is a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with Dual Xeon cpu's and 2GB of memory. Uname replies with:

FreeBSD colossus 4.11-RELEASE-p13 FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p13 #0: Fri Oct 14 13:34:01 EDT 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/COLOSSUS i386

One, has anyone else had similar problems with boxes just becoming unresponsive under high load? Two, is there any reason this would occur?

-Tom Grove