At 10:19 AM 3/29/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi, I've just bought 2 soekris net4801-60 boxes and am having trouble getting them to perform under FreeBSD. They are on a 100Mbit network and the network works fine for other machines

I've had trouble in the past with NICs using the "Ethernet autoselect" option. Check "man sis" to see how to set it manually, and try disabling full-duplex. Might also try ftp-ing via localhost, if that's fast, there's a good chance the problem is in the sis0 adapter and not the IP stack or OS.

I'm curious to try to Soekris boxes myself; let us know what you figure out, please.

   -Wayne