Lee Shackelford wrote:

Good morning dear FreeBSD enthusiast,
I am trying to install a FreeBSD system for the first time.  I wish to
support a SCSI DVD-RAM.  I have found a bash program that provides a user
interface to use this device for backup, kindly posted by a programmer in
Norway.  It depends on the CAM subsystem.  I am unable to find, in the man
page for this pseudo-device-driver, the acronym to insert into the
configuration file to have it loaded into the operating system.  Any
suggestion is appreciated.  Thank you.  Yours truly, Lee Shackelford

What version of FreeBSD are you running? If you are running a version that supports kernel modules you could run kldload cam as root. You could also just compile it into your kernel.

-Tom