On Thursday, December 26, 2002, at 06:01  PM, Keith Spencer wrote:

What does your /var/log/qmail/current file say?

$tail -f /var/log/qmail/current | tai64nlocal
Brian...I dont have such a /var/log/qmail/current
beast!
       :(

Look in your /var/qmail directory for a subdirectory called "supervise". This supposes that you've used the author's recommended way of running qmail (daemontools).

Inside that directory should be several other subdirectories - with names such as qmail-smtpd, qmail-pop3d, qmail-send (obviously depends on your individual installation).

Inside those subdirectories are subdirectories named "log" which have files named "run" in them. These run files will show you where your logging is going (if anywhere).

For example, in my /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log directory there is a file named run which contains:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail

I'm using the author's multilog tool to send my logging to /var/log/qmail

Once you find the log files, post the error messages. My guess is that it's a permission problem on the directories in question, and qmail can't write the mail.

You can also check the queue (/var/qmail/queue) and see if the messages are still there.

Brian
--
Brian Jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]