At 6:46 PM -0400 3/30/06, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
I have two servers, one of them a backup of the other ...
right now, I'm using rsync to do it, but since rsync
has to traverse both servers file systems to do its
comparison, it puts a good load on the system, and
takes awhile to run ...

You could reduce that overhead by running rsync multiple
times, each run doing a different subset of the total
filesystem.  (not that this is a great solution, but I
did this when setting up a similar arrangement some time
ago, and splitting up the amount done by any single rsync
did seem to help)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]