the original problem was:
NIC1 was "missing" at all and PXE boot from this nic also did not work.
the solution for those who are interested in:
Intel SE7320VP2/SE7320VP2D2 has 2 onboard NIC's:
NIC1 (Marvell Yukon-Chipset)
FreeBSD 6 by default recognizes the intel-nic, which is shown as em0.
the 2nd nic needs an additional module from marvel yukon (if_myk.ko),
which then will enable and show the nic to freebsd.
the following steps have been successfully tested:
- download the nic driver for freebsd from (www.marvell.com/drivers/)
- install the if_myk.ko to /boot/kernel
- load the module via /boot/loader.conf or kldload.
- configure the interface with ("ifconfig myk0")
- get a new, fine 1GBit Ethernet Connection working ,-)
cu & have fun
---> if you have this board, you definitely will ;-|
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"