On 3/31/06, M. Warner Losh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Let us suppose that I have a HP DeskJet 5850 that I can talk to via
> CUPS.  I can print test pages w/o any problem.
>
> What are my options to print photos and what kind of quality can I
> expect relative to Windows?

According to
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_5850,
HP's HPIJS driver gives "excellent" photo quality with HP printers.
One reviewer says that the quality at high resolution isn't quite as
good as Windows, but it isn't clear whether that means high-resolution
"normal" mode, or photo mode, or both.

ports/print/foomatic-db-hpijs and  /ports/print/hpijs

- Bob