On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:13:49 -0500
"Jim Stapleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've googled the problem in general, tried looking around xorg and
> this site, but I couldn't find any useful information on getting my
> MX518 working with all of it's buttons in BSD (were I to downgrade
> back to Linux, I could, but I'd rather not do that, ports is much more
> useful than the extra three buttons).

Hey Jim
i suppose this is a logitech mouse with lots of buttons? if you know it
works with linux, why not transfer the config from linux to freebsd? (u
dont need to install anything, just try knoppix). It should work out of
the box (I believe moused is same across platforms, and xorg shouldn't
worry too much about what OS it's being used under).

otherwise, have u read man moused ?

beto