Richard Collyer wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 6 and install samba from ports collection /usr/ports/net/samba3. The "make install" download and install samba 3.0.14a. I noticed samba has new version 3.0.22. How can I instal the new verion?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

cd /user/ports/net/samba3 && make clean && make && make deinstall && make reinstall

The cautious way of doing it. I've always like to ensure something is going to make before deinstalling the old version

Richard

Bleh...I'm having a mind fart today. Also make sure your ports are up to date.

Look for cvsup in the list archives or google.