Beech Rintoul wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 04:22, hackmiester / Hunter Fuller wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 04:01, Beech Rintoul wrote:
I'm trying to get linux-firefox running on a system that also has native
firefox installed. When I try and start linux-firefox I get a message
saying that firefox is already running (which it's not).
You sure?
ps ax|grep firefox
killall firefox-bin
killall linux-firefox
killall linux-firefox-bin

I tried rebooting
but the message remains.
Rebooting shouldn't be necessary.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Beech

stargate# ps waux | grep firefox-bin
stargate# ps waux | grep linux-firefox
stargate# ps waux | grep firefox

stargate# killall firefox-bin
No matching processes were found
stargate# killall linux-firefox
No matching processes were found
stargate# killall linux-firefox-bin
No matching processes were found
stargate# killall firefox
No matching processes were found

#firefox &

Same error. I even deleted the .mozilla directory.

Beech

You have a lock file somewhere that needs to be deleted.

It's either in /var/run or in your homedir, I can't remember
where I found it when I had the same problem, sorry.

HTH
Lars