Nathan Vidican <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ie: after 4 failed attempts from IP _BLANK_ in less than _BLANK_ minutes,
> deny
> all attempts and drop connection from said IP... possible?

using pf, this is astoundingly easy, see eg

http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/bruteforce.html

If you go down this route, you might want to use expiretable
(/usr/ports/security/expiretable) to trim the contents of the table
after a while (I tend to use 24 hours expiry).
20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds.