--On Monday, April 03, 2006 18:11:25 +0200 Karol Kwiatkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

it's working here as expected - "Don't ask at startup" box changes
StartWithLastProfile to 0/1 and ProfileManager starts every time if
set to 0.

I'm using it ever since I installed Firefox 2.0a in addition to 1.5.
The machine is running FreeBSD 6-STABLE, Firefox 1.5 and 2.0a,
Enlightenment DR17 but I doubt it's related.

Maybe you're editing the wrong file? Or while Firefox is running? Too
tight file permissions? Just some thoughts. Here's mine profiles.ini:

Or maybe it's KDE.....there are several things that, when changed in Xwindows do not change at all. profiles is just one of them.

I'll have to investigate some more......

Thanks for the input.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas