> I have 690 emails in queue and cannot get them out.
>
> Amavisd will not start - It appears to but if I enter the stop command
> it displays a message that it is not running.
>

> I have rerouted my email so that it does not run through Freebsd for
> now; however I need to get the emails out of the queue.
>
> Is there a way to force them out?

Take amavisd out of the picture and let postfix deliver them? Check
postfix master file for how things are getting routed.  Use 'postqueue
-f' to flush postfix queue once you make the changes.

Why not just get amavisd working? Turn up your logging level to max,
tail -f maillog and see why its puking