Erik Norgaard wrote:

Pete Slagle wrote:
I seek education about FreeBSD source control spelunking.

I noticed that GENERIC was updated recently in 6-STABLE, and I would
like to see what changed. More generally, how does one examine diffs in
the FreeBSD source as it changes?

Could some kind soul demonstrate how to do that with CVS? Or point me to
the right FM (as in RTFM). Or suggest a better method.

check here, I think:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC

Thanks Erik, that's exactly what I needed.

For anyone else interested:

In the general case, going to http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi and following the tree to the source file of interest shows a list of all versions since primordial releases. Diffs (in color no less) are only a click away.