Vayu wrote:

On Thursday 06 April 2006 19:47, Donald T Hayford wrote:
My numeric keypad no longer works under X

Since when?

And, I have to ask, since you didn't mention it ... you've
replaced the keyboard to rule out hardware issues?

except as a way to move the mouse cursor (i.e., no 1-9, etc). The LED changes states when pushed. I've searched through the X.org site but haven't found anything of use. Does anybody know how to fix this? My xorg.conf looks like this:

/Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier     "X.org Configured"
   Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
   InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

<some other stuff>

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Keyboard0"
   Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

<more stuff>
/

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE, with X version 6.9.0. I use KDE as the X desktop.

Thanks for your help,
Don Hayford

I sure don't see anything there that gives a clue.  Have you tried
and duplicated the problem with a different WM?

Kevin Kinsey

--
The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes.  Fully clothed, I might add.
        -- IBM employee, testifying in California State Supreme Court