infernus - Bluelight wrote:

Sorry for bothering this mailing list, but I realy need some help..
I find awsome screenshots from FreeBSD on various sites on the net, but on my comp,
the only thing I see is a black screen with some white text on it, and:
________________
$|

---------------------
I just tested some commands on random, and found that "info" show some kind of list with information on each "something"..

How do I enter some kind of interface, or desktop, like on the screenshots? Is there a web-site or enything with tutorials explaining how to do all this..

I was thinking about setting up a FTP and Apache server +mail maybe..
But now when I see this black screen and don't have a clue on what to do, or how to do enything..
I feel the hope is dripping into the sink!

Please help me somehow, with tutorials and important information for starters..

Thanks a lot..  Ivan S. - Norway

Hello Ivan,

What you need is the X Window environment running a window manager (KDE, Gnome, etc..). Take a look at the FreeBSD Handbox, Chatper 5. Come back with any questions.

Handbook: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
Handbook (Chatper 5): http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

Demian