On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:

Started doing a little reading on the UFS and UFS2 file systems. I'm just wondering if all types of files have extended attribute blocks available including named pipes, sockets, and device files?

Is it still the case that there are three unused extended attribute blocks available?

Extended attribute storage is available for all objects in UFS, including files, directories, named pipes, UNIX domain sockets, and device nodes. I'm probably not th eright person to answer questions about the layout itself.

Robert N M Watson