On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 Everything was perfect with my system for about 2 years but about 4
 days ago I started having a problem. Every 24 hours i got the
 error message "error reading usb urb" and modem completely goes off
 (all lights are going off)

Sounds like a USB problem. (Sorry, master-of-the-obvious here.) Since this was working before and the problems are new, maybe there is a hardware failure beginning to happen.

 System is FreeBSD 5.2.1, USB modem ADSL Alcatel Speedtouch 330.

Then again a quick google to
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22error+reading+usb+urb%22&btnG=Google+Search shows lots of folks having issues with the Alcatel Speedtouch 330. Maybe read some of those articles. (My mailer may wrap the url, sorry.)

Also, you may want to consider upgrading to 6.0 (6.1 is due to be released very soon), or at least to the latest 5.x. 5.2.1 is kind of long in the tooth by now.

 What can it be?

Look in /var/log, and browse through the file called messages. There may be some clues there.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]