Leonid Baryudin wrote:
I'm trying to load Marvell if_myk.ko kernel module. In FreeBSD 5.4 vanilla
  it works fine, creates device node, etc...
In my distribution (based on the same 5.4, but with some changes) driver
  gets loaded (kldstat shows that), but device node is not created.
What should I look for? Some kernel option, disabling/enabling node creation? Thanks, Leonid. _______________________________________________
I had a similar problem (altough on 6.0), which was solved by building the module libmpool:

6    1 0xc0ccf000 3211c    if_myk.ko
7    2 0xc0d02000 2518     libmbpool.ko

myk0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
       options=2b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_MTU>

Again, this was on 6.0. I'd suggest you upgrade to 6.X if you still have troubles. I have been running this driver for about 20 days now, without any problem whatsoever.