Thanks for the reply Nikolas - that's helpful. I ended up upgrading my laptop
to 6.1-PRERELEASE (from 6.0-RELEASE) anyway, and haven't had any problems
since. After your feedback I'll probably do the desktop shortly.

The only thing that's holding me back from moving my home server from
5.3-RELEASE is that I've successfully got ndis working on it using the 'old'
ndiscvt method and I'm a little reluctant to risk not being able to replicate
my success with ndisgen under 6.x

Thanks again,

Peter Harrison

g/index.html

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.

On entering the GSi, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable &
Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk.

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of
the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function
to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.