On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 08:52:05PM -0500, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >     I've done some hacking the past few weeks on tools to aide
> >     HTML stuff for books I'll soon put up, so I haven't quit
> >     programming altgether.  Sooooo: what's the consensus on
> >     *us* andor the open-src community getting together and
> >     doing our own free version of this shock/flash stuff?
>
> There are a few in ports.  Though I was hoping (via this thread) to get
> opinions on which were good.  Presently, I'm experimenting
> (unsuccessfully) with gnash.
>
> >     I'm read to volunteer.

        What is gnash? (Or should I just poke around!)  ...I've
        seen the GNU shock/flash/<<whatever>> port and figured it
        was the only thing remotely resembling the flashwave stuff.
        --Um, I should say,  straight away, that audio/vidio is
        not among my strengths.  But point me at any ancillary or
        miscellaneous code and I either have it or can put it '
        together.  --My strenths are porting, testing, general
        systems analysis, and (very old) driver hacking.

        What are the other ports you know of that we could leverage
        off?

        thanks,

        gary

--