Daniel Bye wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 06:19:40PM -0600, Bryan Curl wrote:
Thanks Dan,
I appreciate you answering me so soon.
My  upgrade from RELENG_6_0 went without a hitch.
So I'm off to makeworld land. Hopefully I'll be back in few days.
Looks like I have slave hard drive failing as well ...so fun fun.

My pleasure.  As for the failing HDD, I went through the very same thing
last week with one of the data disks on my home file/mail server.  Lost
loads of mail (about three years' worth), and all sorts of other stuff.
I am never buying another IBM DeathStar!  You would not believe how fast
the damn thing went sour...

Anyways, best of luck saving your data!
Dan

Fortunately there was no data on it yet since I just got the server up to 6.0.

But back to the topic, it looks like I jumped the gun on the PRERELEASE update here. I have already CVSUPed the sources and ran 'make buildworld' and 'make buildkernel'. I have not installed anything yet. Once everybody settles on what the new tag for 6.1 will be, can I just re-run 'make buildworld' and 'make buildkernel' and go from there???

--
Bryan Curl
b3910 'at' pcisys 'dot' net