On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Emil Thelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Chris Hastie wrote:

I tried to upgrade from 5.1-RELEASE to 5_RELENG last night and hit big
problems with vinum. 5_RELENG in retrospect was an error I suspect, as
what I really wanted was 5.4-RELEASE.

Since 5.3 you should probably use the geom-aware gvinum instead of vinum.

I think the manual says that both vinum and gvinum can be used for > 5.3
but I've never actually got vinum to work on > 5.3.

Any hints as to how I make this migration? Is it as simple as putting
geom_vinum_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf, or is there further configuration
to do? Is gvinum happy with the same configuration data as vinum? Presumably
device names are different so I'll have to change /etc/fstab accordingly?

--
Chris Hastie