I am unable to get the latest version of MySQL 5.1.7 running under FreeBSD 6.1 beta4.

This is the output from the <hostname>.err file.

060409 20:06:04  mysqld started
^G/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/general_log.frm' (errno: 13) 060409 20:06:05 InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
InnoDB: the directory.
InnoDB: File name ./ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'create'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
060409 20:06:05  mysqld ended

I have Googled for an answer, and found a few, but none of them work. I finally completely deleted MySQL including removing the /var/db/mysql directory and then reinstalled the entire package, but without success.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and found a solution to it?

Thanks!

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]