From: "RW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Friday 14 April 2006 16:53, Dan Nelson wrote:

ntpd takes a while to sync up and by default won't adjust the clock if
it's more than 1000 seconds off, so it's a good idea to enable ntpdate
as well.

What bothers me about that is that ntpdate uses a single server to determine the time. I can't recall the reference, but I recently read a "horror story" where someone synched off a timeserver that had been set to 2038 for testing purposes.

Feed it several server names and try it. Use the -q option so it will not
attempt to modify time and the -v option to see what it does in more
detail.

{^_^}