Paulino Calderon wrote:

Hey folks, Ive been googling about howto improve kde perfomance, i ve always
used fluxbox as my wm but recently I got a new laptop, it has a 3.2 ghz
processor, 1 gb of ram, and an ati mobility radeon x600 wiith 256 mb of
video meomry so I decided to try kde but so far the perfomance has benn
really poor, cpu usage is always between 20-25% eventhough im not doing
anything, most apps takes between 5 and 10 seconds to start, and even the mouse pointer feels like it gets stuck when i move it too fast, is this as fast as it gets for kde? or do you guys think there is osmething wrong with
my installation? I instaleld it via ports by the way.

Thanks for your help.

Are you quite certain that KDE is to blame?  If you run flux on this
laptop, is everything "normal"?  Seems a jump in logic to assume it's
KDE if that's all you've ever run on a brand spanking new machine;
but, you weren't specific about this.  Try another WM and see if the
problem evaporate; that should at least give you a starting point to
know what to look for.....

Kevin Kinsey

--
One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.