On Saturday 15 April 2006 16:09, albi wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:47:25 -0500
>
> Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i compiled vsftpd from ports today.  at the end of the install, it
> > asks me to add vsftpd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, and also that i
> > should add:
> >
> > listen=YES
> > background=YES
> >
> > to /usr/local/etc/vsftpd.conf.  when i do all those things, vsftpd
> > will start when i issue it from a terminal, but it will not start at
> > boot.
> >
> > can someone point me in the right direction here?
>
> do you have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vsftpd
> and is it executable ?
>
> afair the last version of vsftpd asks you before installing whether you
> want to use the rc.d/ script or not
>
> if you don't have this script, i've just copied it here :
> http://scii.nl/~albi/vsftpd

i did check just to be sure:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ls -la /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vs*
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  927 Apr 15 09:08 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vsftpd

vsftpd will start if i issue the command manually, but i hope i can get it set
up that the daemon will start if i have to reboot my server.

thanks,
jonathan