Mark Kane wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and optical Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer, USB native, plugged to PS/2 port via it's own USB->PS/2 adaptor. When I scroll my mouse wheel up in X11 it acts like "scroll up + left button one/double-click". For example, in Opera, Firefox. In MS Windows mouse works correctly.

I am running the same mouse in the same way on the same release. Here is what is working for me:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "sysmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

moused_enable="YES"             # don't use type "auto" with KVM
moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
moused_type="ps/2 -l 2"         # -l 2 for scroll (fails in _flags)
moused_flags=""

I have changed settings as Pete advised. Both variants (old and new) are working (scrolling) but described effect remains. Why I think that scrolling up works as "scroll + left click": for example, in Opera scrolling up at the top of document (when real scroll is impossible) result in marking the word under cursor and appearing context menu for very short time.

I've been having the same problem since updating to Xorg 6.9.0 two months ago. Before that, this problem did not exist for me. Here are a couple examples of what I see with use:

1) I'm going through my inbox in Thunderbird and I start scrolling up using the wheel to see messages. In addition to going up the list, it's also selecting all the emails that my mouse pointer happens to touch when I move the wheel up. This isn't good because then it marks lots of messages as "read" when I really did not read them.

I know it's only a workaround and not a solution, but at least until you're able to get the rodent behaving the way you like, you can change the setting in Thunderbird preferences.

In v1.5:
Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced
[Check box]  Wait XX seconds before marking a message as read
(2nd item down)

Make it 5 or 10 seconds and at least you won't have to worry about a message being marked as read because your mouse inadvertently lands on the header.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute