David Robillard wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to link perl modules found in CPAN and the ones
found in the FreeBSD ports repository.

For example, let's say I need to install the following CPAN module:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/libwww-perl/lib/HTTP/Request/Common.pm

A search in the ports for " ^p5-HTTP " will return all perl modules
which names start with p5-HTTP. But the above CPAN module does not
exist.

Does this means that the CPAN module is not in the ports? Or is there
another way to link CPAN modules to the ports collection?
The CPAN module is libwww-perl, in the ports as p5-libwww-perl

$ pkg_info -o p5-libwww\*
Information for p5-libwww-5.805:

Origin:
www/p5-libwww