On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:46:24 -0000, boy red <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i have so far installed freeBSD OS and set up the
accounts but im having some problems. it just takes me
2 a black DOS type screen and i dont know how 2 get
in. by getting in i mean that it doesnt take me to the
place where i actually start using the computer.
please help.

If your looking for a quick gui setup, try this:
first go to root, do this by typing:
su
enter your root password.
then type:
pkg_add -r gnome2
exec csh
gdm

This will install ad start the gnome graphical user interface, to automaticly start it when FreeBSD starts, type(as root)
ee /etc/ttys
Scroll down a few lines and you'll see this line:

ttyv9   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secur

replace xdm with gdm and replace off with on.