On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:48:10 -0000, Huy Ton That <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just a general question; not sure if it belongs in questions but let me know
otherwise.  I'm currently using gnome2 as my desktop environment on RC
6.1but it is a little dry;  What are you all using out there and any
reasons as
to behind the decision and such.

Fluxbox:
Does exactly what I want it to do: manage windows
It runs fast and stable...
use x11-wm/fluxbox-devel and not x11-wm/fluxbox
The "development" version is more stable, the only reason it's still a development version is the lack of documentation...

I used gnome when I starting out with FreeBSD a few years back, and it worked pretty well to, bit easyer...