In the last episode (Apr 21), Giuseppe Pagnoni said:
> I am running into a memory problem when using large datasets.  The
> limit command shows:
>
> cputime      unlimited
> filesize     unlimited
> datasize     524288 kbytes
> stacksize    65536 kbytes
>
> however, /etc/login.conf shows that the default setting is "unlimited":
>
>         :datasize=unlimited:\
>
> Any suggestion on how to increase the limits?

The kernel imposes a hard limit on datasize that defaults to 512M
(which is pretty small nowadays).  You can raise it by adding
"kern.maxdsize=4G" to /boot/loader.conf and rebooting.  You can use
"kern.maxssize" to adjust the hard stack limit, but it's rare that
soemone needs to go above the default 64M.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]