For my fellow hackers only,

        With all the billions-and-billions of lines of C hacked
        by people reading this, do any of you have the functions that
        would get and save-away the stat mtime, then be able to
        set the original mtime of the file to what it was?

        I am getting back to working on a programm that cleans away
        embedded html, jpg, and other non ASCII (or 8859-1) and leaves
        just-plain-text.  This from my ~/Mail/* files.  Ideally, I
        would like to set the timestamp of each file to what it was.
        So before I re-invent wheels, I thought I'd ask the list.

        Anybody?

        tia, people,

        gary

--