I would go right to 4.11 using cvsup.

If you want to go from 4.11 to 5.4, you may be better off taking the drive and doing a binary upgrade, as anything that may go wrong may require you to be at the console. I recently cvsup'd a server from 4.11 to 5.4 and it went ok, but I did need to access the console during the process.

If you end up doing the upgrade to 5.4, you may as well go to 6.0 while you are at it.

        -Derek