I have D-Link's AirPlus G DWL-G510 (rev.C) wireless pci card. It has Ralink's rt61-chip which I understand not having native support in Freebsd. (I'm using Release 6.1-RC1) So I ran ndisgen succesfully with the drivers from cd supplied with the card and after trying to use the card it gave error about not finding firmware. I downloaded the firmware and the errors stopped, but the card works only partially. It does some things like scan wireless networks correctly, but it fails to connect and doesn't accept all settings. It doesn't give any errors though.

Card works in WinXP and using Ralink's drivers it even works as an access point. Ralink has also Linux drivers. I guess there isn't any way to build a freebsd driver from those?