Marwan Sultan wrote:

Hello Bill, Hello Garrett,

First I would like to thank you for the support and time you are giving me and to everyone.

Yes I ran memtest86 from a bootable cd on the two DDR chipsets and after like 10+ hours
 It found 3 errors! is it reasnable?

Anyhow I replaced the two DDR with diffrent 1 256 DDR chipset and it start to give the error I
 wrote in my email.
But I didnot run the memtest86 on the new RAM (well it not brand new) i had it somewhere.
I will run the memtest86 on the new installed ram, and let you know.

Thank you again.
Marwan.

I want to direct the focus in the correct direction on this.

Based on your described symptions, bad RAM is the _most_ likely cause. There
are other things that could cause it, however.

So _before_you_do_anything_else_, run memtest86. I recommend the standalone boot-from-CD version, as it's more thorough in its testing. Let it run for at least _8_ hours (or until you see errors). Any errors from memtest86 are
bad.  Even just a few errors per hour is unacceptable.

If memtest86 produces errors, you can then start experimenting with different chips in different slots. After each change, use _memtest86_ to see if the problem is solved. I don't recommend using port compiles to test your RAM,
it's not a reliable approach.

Also, read the docs on memtest86. There's a lot of good advice on finding
RAM problems.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies

What I would do next is take a look in the system event log in your BIOS and see if there are any logs about bad RAM access. Next, I would grab your Dell Resource CD and run the memory tests to see if it may be the bus or the RAM itself failing. Finally, I would swap around the RAM if nothing is conclusive and rerun memtest86+ just to make sure that your problem isn't a bad DIMM slot. If the memory test shows the same sections (or similar sections), failing with a different RAM chip on the same slot, the slot is bad. If the problems migrate with the RAM, the RAM is bad.
HTH,
-Garrett