Does PXE boot installing in fact work in 6.0? sysinstall has all this nice
jumpstart/kickstart-like stuff in it, and I'd love to use this for deploying
new
servers.
It worked so nicely in 4.11. But now that 6.x is decent, I'm taking a serious
stab at
this and just can't figure it out.

I followed this howto:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pxe/article.html

I have a /tftpboot/pxeboot file compiled from /usr/src/sys/boot and I can get
the
client machine booting from the server, and it gets through the install
somewhat,
making the filesystems, but as soon as it tries to install packages (extracting
all
requested distributions), it can't get past it. The NIC light is lit up solid,
and if
I turn on debugging on mountd on the NFS server, I can see its mounting /cdrom
via
NFS over and over.
I have the first CDROM mounted on the server as /cdrom, and in NFS exports I am
exporting it, and in my install.cfg I have nfs=10.0.0.1:/cdrom, so this all
SHOULD
work, it just isn't.

So if this is known to be broken, it will be a relief and I'll just wait until
its
working, but if it should work, I could sure use some tips, or pointers to an
updated
walkthrough, all the docs I can find were written for 4.x.
So most of all I'm just asking if anyone is able to pxeboot and do jumpstart
installs
with FreeBSD 6, so that I know at least that it is not broken, then its just a
matter
of figuring it out. I get the idea that its not working.