On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:28:58PM -0700, Jose Borquez wrote:
> I attempt to establish an ssh connection to a remote server and I get
> the following error:
> "ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"
>
> I have checked the hosts.allow file and Everything is allowed by
> default.  What else can I check?

Try running ssh with up to three -v flags to turn on and increase
verbosity.

If you have physical access to the server, you can also check out the
/var/log/auth.log file to track down any clues.  Or try running the
daemon with up to three -d flags to turn on and increase verbosity.
Note that in debug mode, the server does not detach from the terminal
and will not fork so can only handle one incoming connection.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \