Denis R. wrote:
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/guarantee.html

Richard, besides simple you want a _secure_ caching name server. Yes, you
can type "named_enable" in rc.conf and be done with it, just don't forget
to periodically check the security updates web page for BIND exploits.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've got named up and running and so far I think its caching the DNS requests (well its serving them OK).

I'm not really going to see the benefits of this on SpamAassassin till its database is full of requests is their anywhere (i.e. root-servers.net) that I can get a bind file which reduced this time period?

Cheers
Richard