Frank Bonnet wrote:
Olivier Nicole wrote:
What window manager are you using?

I started my laptop connected to root and lauched KDE and found out
that it was not listening to TCP port 6000.

In fact yes I run KDE too ...
and yes it does not listen on 6000 port ...

performing a "ps -ax | grep X" give that result

/usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp :0 -auth /var/run/xauth/A:0-3w0oIN (Xorg)

I think the -nolisten option is guilty ...

My problem is I need KDE to work properly ...
I'm going to check KDE launching scripts to try avoiding it.

I'll let you know if I succeed :-)

It's most likely because you (or someone masquerading as you, ie startkde) is using a default startx setup:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/X11R6 $ grep -r nolisten *

#snip

X11R6/bin/startx:defaultserverargs="-nolisten tcp -br"

-Garrett