Without knowing anything about this the line that looks odd to me says:

D [28/Apr/2006:09:54:37 +1000] [Job
1] /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip: No such file or directory

That's the problem. I've printed the test page from CUPS.

I googled and found foomatic at linuxprinting.org. After a little reading I searched ports and found foomatic-filters. After installing, it told me that it wanted a2ps, enscript, etc. I installed a2ps which suggested that I deinstall it and install psutils, which I did.

Thanks for your patient assistance Uli

malcolm