Clamav works well but can be slow scanning an entire system.

        -Derek

At 08:06 AM 4/29/2006, Jim Stapleton wrote:
Anyone have experience with ClamAV? Good, Bad, Ugly?

Should I use something else, or is the only good alternative
pay/expensive (such as avast)?
Am I better at leaving the antivirus stuff to the Windows machine
(which has McAfee Enterprise)?

Background:
System lags occasionally, and has crashed a few times, and is getting
disk errors (both HDs, one IDE, one SATA started this at the same
time). I suspect the motherboard, but can't be certain, could be Mem
or PSU.

Could also be virus.

So, I want to scan my backed up files while reinstalling Windows on
the other machine, before letting them go back home to play.

Thanks
-Jim

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.