my OS version is FreeBSD6.0 p7
my palm is m125

I've installed jpilot,coldsync... from ports.
However,jpilot said cannot find the device /dev/pilot

I have not compiled the kernel with ucom and uvisor.
So I loaded them by 'kldload'.
then put the following lines under 'usbd.conf'.

device "Palm Handheld"
        devname "ucom[0-9]+"
        vendor  0x0830
        product 0x0040
        release 0x0100
        attach "ln -fs /dev/ucom0 /dev/pilot; chmod 666 /dev/ucom0"

but there is already an entry about plam,
# This entry starts the ColdSync tool in daemon mode. Make sure you have an up # to date /usr/local/etc/palms. We override the 'listen' settings for port and
# type in /usr/local/etc/coldsync.conf.
device "Handspring Visor"
       devname "ugen[0-9]+"
       vendor  0x082d
       product 0x0100
       release 0x0100
       attach "/usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -t usb"

and, when I push sync under plam,I'll got these errors from dmesg
ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: init failed, STALLED
device_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6

why?
thanks.