On Tuesday 02 May 2006 06:12, fbsd wrote:
> IF I execute the cat command to issue the notification email
> from the command line it works fine, but when used in the
> script I get these messages during boot process.
> I am running postfix launched by the sendmail wrappers
> on a FreeBSD 6.0 system.
>
> "~/.mailrc": No match.

Use sendmail(8) rather than mail(1).  mail(1) expects to be run from a user
session and looks for the user's preferences stored in the user's ,mailrc
file.  No user is available during the boot process.

In your script,

> #! /bin/sh

Also, try removing the space between "#!" and "/bin/sh".  It may be causing
some weirdness.