On 31 Dec Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> a) Why /usr/bin/procmail and not the default path of the procmail port
>    installation [/usr/local/bin/procmail]?  I use procmail for local
>    delivery and all I needed to add to my local.mc file was:
>
>       FEATURE(`local_procmail')
>       MAILER(procmail)

Thanks for the reply. I like procmail as my local mail delivery.
Sorry for the path; it's an old habit. On my linux debian box procmail
is in /usr/bin; the rule came out of an old linux sendmail.ms file ;-)
It can't harm to give the correct path (/usr/local/bin/procmail) in the
sendmail.mc file, so I'll keep it in.

Things run smoothly already..

> b) You don't really need to use procmail as the delivery agent of ALL
>    the local users.  You can enable procmail on a per-user basis by
>    proper .forward files in their home directories.

Yeah, I've heard. I'm not quit sure about the correct syntax of the
.forward file.

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)