From: Philip Hallstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: backup system rsync <-> dump
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:15:55 -0500 (CDT)

With the right settings of --backup --backup-dir you can easily create a week (or two or three or whatever) archive of the "daily" changed files. So, for example..

/backup/usr - contains identical copy
/backup/dailys/usr/Mon - contains files that changed on /usr on Monday.

Then just set things up to rotate/expire the old copies and you have an easy way to get files back you deleted that you didn't mean to.

I can post the whole script if you're interested...

-philip

Philip: I would be very interested in seeing your script if you would kindliy post it.

Thanks!
Jack