On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:18:34 -0800
Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> Actually they should run fine as long as you "roll your own" emulation
> environment by copying the necessary libraries and any other needed
> files from your sun box into the compat directory.  The SVR4 kernel
> binary compatibility layer is not maintained though, so your results
> may vary.

Hmmm, Kris, he was talking about running SPARC binaries on i386 :) But
maybe it would be possible to run Solaris/sparc binaries on the sparc64
port of FreeBSD. I'm not really aware of how mature that port is, tho
I've heard it's making great progress.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - [EMAIL PROTECTED]