On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 03:21:34PM -0400, Bakki Kudva wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thank you very much for your help. I am golden now. Everything is
> working and I am really impressed with FreeBSD (I came from Linux
> world, particularly Debian). I got sound, USB etc working now and the
> process was quite enjoyable.

I'm glad to hear it's all going well!  FreeBSD is put together in such a
way that it is enjoyable to work with - things tend not to change places
between releases, and if they do it's usually for a cogent reason.  The
documentation is great, and so is the community.  I hope you enjoy your
stay!

> Your explanation about ports versioning really belongs in the
> handbook. If you know the doc maintainers it would be great if this
> info can be added to the handbook.

Thanks!  I will rewrite it a bit and submit a PR.  If the maintainers
agree, then it'll get in, I guess.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \