--On May 4, 2006 9:33:01 PM -0700 Ted Mittelstaedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I understand what you're saying, you're saying that the driver only
gets updated for the latest OS?  That seems a bit absurd to me.
Wouldn't the bge driver be the same for every OS version that it's
available for?

All parts of FreeBSD are constantly being worked on.  It is more correct
to think of FreeBSD as a continuum, with the releases merely as defined
points on the continuum.

A number of people, in fact, run FreeBSD in such a way that every
night a process on their system goes to the master CVS repository,
and fetches any changes and updates that have been made, then applies
them to their system.

If you're fetching src all with cvs on a RELENG version, are you getting the updates to drivers? (I would think that you are.)

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/